Elder Patriot’s POV| House Intelligence Committee ranking member Devin Nunes appeared with Fox News’ Maria Bartiromo on her show “Sunday Morning Futures.”
Bartiromo has been one of the few honest members of the media asking probative questions since the inception of the Spygate scam.
Nunes (R-CA) told Bartiromo that he is preparing to send eight criminal referrals to the Department of Justice this week as a result of his committee’s deep dive into events surrounding the false allegations of Trump-Russia collusion.
Nunes described what he called the “strange situation where you have McCarthyism that merged with Watergate wannabes.”
The congressman settled on that characterization after citing the “unbelievable leaks that occurred across all levels of our government” coupled with “all sorts of reporters, 90% of the press, essentially was in on this.”
Nunes, who said he has been preparing these referrals for more than two years, was waiting for Trump’s new Attorney General William Barr to be confirmed.
Apparently Nunes had concluded that he’d be submitting the referrals into the black hole that previously existed at the DOJ under the leadership of Rod Rosenstein, if he had moved these referrals prior to Barr taking the reins.
Nunes described the nature of the criminal referrals to Bartiromo:
“We’re prepared this week to notify the attorney general that we’re prepared to send those referrals over. First of all, all of these are classified or sensitive. … Five of them are what I would call straight up referrals — so just referrals that name someone and name the specific crimes. Those crimes are lying to Congress, misleading Congress, leaking classified information. So five of them are those types.”
“There are three [referrals] that I think are more complicated. … So on the first one, is FISA abuse and other matters. We believe there was a conspiracy to lie to the FISA court, mislead the FISA court by numerous individuals that all need to be investigated and looked at that, and we believe the [relevant] statute is the conspiracy statute. The second conspiracy one is involving manipulation of intelligence that also could ensnarl many Americans.”
“The third is what I would call a global leak referral. So there are about a dozen highly sensitive classified information leaks that were given to only a few reporters over the last two-and-a-half-plus years. So you know, we don’t know if there’s actually been any leak investigations that have been opened, but we do believe that we’ve got pretty good information and a pretty good idea of who could be behind these leaks.”
Recall this appendix from the Inspector General’s report:
Then there were the team of leakers that Robert Mueller assembled:
Then Nunes dropped this bomb for those who might be counting heads; the eight criminal referrals could involve more than eight people, and that a conspiracy referral could involve “a dozen, two dozen people.”
Nunes added that additional referrals can be expected, most likely following the declassification of FISA applications and supporting documents that President Trump has held in abeyance until the optimal time.
The FISA applications are just one tranche of documents that Trump has waited to declassify.
The so-called five buckets of documents Trump has been asked to declassified are:
- The Carter Page FISA applications (including specifically pages 10-12 and 17-34 and relevant footnotes). This includes all exculpatory evidence regarding Carter Page and others, that were presented to the Gang of Eight, but not presented to the FISA Court.”
- All of the Bruce Ohr 302’s, FBI notes from interviews and debriefing sessions, and other relevant documents associated with the interviews of Bruce Ohr and his internal communications. This request also includes exculpatory evidence that Bruce Ohr may have shared.
- The unredacted “Scope Memo”, authored by Deputy Rosenstein, that authorized the specific investigative direction of Robert Mueller.
- The originating Electronic Communication or “EC” authored by CIA Director John Brennan to former FBI Director James Comey. The two-page EC is the originating memorandum that outlines the reason why Brennan felt operation “Crossfire Hurricane” should be initiated to investigate the Trump campaign (July 31, 2016).
- The release of the full and unredacted text messaging and communication between Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Andrew McCabe that has likely been expanded to include all communications between DNI James Clapper, CIA Director John Brennan, FBI Director James Comey and a slew of other high-ranking DOJ and FBI officials.
When made public the declassified contents will almost assuredly lead to additional criminal referrals.
Keep one thing in mind. Until we determine with clarity who was involved in the origination of the collusion deception we will be playing into the wrongdoers pre-established defense that everything they were doing was a result of intelligence reports identifying Donald Trump as a potential foreign agent.