Opinion| Carmine Sabia| Sexual misconduct allegations have again rocked the Fox News channel as one of it’s more popular hosts has been fired.

The news came on Wednesday as Fox News announced the firing of “America’s Newsroom” host Ed Henry, The Daily Mail reported.

Fox News announced Wednesday it had dismissed America’s Newsroom host Ed Henry over sexual misconduct allegations.

In a memo to all staff, FOX News Media CEO Suzanne Scott and FOX News Media President and Executive Editor Jay Wallace said they received a complaint from the attorney of a former employee on June 25.

The complaint cited willful sexual misconduct in the workplace years ago.

It added that Henry, 48, had been suspended the same day pending investigation.

An outside investigator was hired and, based on the results of that probe, Fox fired Henry.

“We would live to bring a very serious matter to your attention in an effort toward full transparency given the actions we have taken to improve the culture here over the past four years,: it said.

“On Thursday, June 25, we received a complaint about Ed Henry from a former employee’s attorney involving willful sexual misconduct in the workplace years ago.

“We immediately retained an outside law firm (which has never represented Fox News in investigations or litigation) to independently investigate the claims.

“Ed was suspended the same day and removed from his on-air responsibilities pending investigation,” the memo said.

“Based on investigative findings, Ed has been terminated,” it said as it dismissed the former chief White House correspondent.

“Fox News Media strictly prohibits all forms of sexual harassment, misconduct, and discrimination,” the memo said.

“We will continue striving to maintain a safe and inclusive workplace for all employees,” it said. The memo was signed by Fox News Media CEO Suzanne Scott and Jay Wallace, Fox News Media’s president and executive editor.

The network said it will have a rotating line of hosts take Henry’s spot alongside cohost Sandra Smith until it finds a permanent replacement.

The news comes four years after the sexual misconduct allegations against former CEO Roger Ailes were discovered.

Carmine Sabia

Carmine Sabia Jr. is the Editor-At-Large for sabiareport.com and a syndicated columnist for The Federalist Papers, Illicit Info and others covering political news and current events.

View all posts

Add comment