Connect with us

Uncategorized

The Law Comes Down On Man Who Threatened To Kill Trump W/ Fury Of 1000 Suns

Kirsters Baish| It has been reported that a man from Connecticut was indicted as prosecutors claim that he made threats to kill President Donald Trump, in addition to sending “bomb threats and mail containing suspicious white powder” to others, court documents say.

51-year-old Gary Gravelle was “indicted on 16 counts, including that he threatened the president in September 2018 by sending an envelope containing white powder and the handwritten message ‘You Die,’” according to Reuters.

Gravelle also sent similar envelopes to a mosque, a synagogue, as well as a chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), the indictment says.

Reuters reports:

The note claimed the power was a biotoxin but it was found to be harmless, officials said.

Gravelle also sent emails and made phone calls threatening to detonate bombs in Vermont, Washington and at various locations in Connecticut, including government buildings and a mental health facility.

If convicted of all 16 counts, he could face a maximum prison sentence of 140 years.

Gravelle was previously sentenced in 2013 for sending threatening communications and had been released under federal supervision until his arrest on the new charges last year, according to U.S. Attorney John Durham’s statement on Friday.

It was not immediately clear if Gravelle had a lawyer.

According to the Daily Mail UK, “Gravelle also threatened that he had hidden a bomb inside the Thomaston Post Office, forcing an evacuation. Additionally, he sent emails and made phone calls threatening to detonate bombs in Vermont and Washington.”

Prosecutors have estimated that between the bomb, the death threats, and the anthrax, that the suspect wrote more than 50.

“No injuries were reported as a result of the packages he sent and, in some cases, the white powder was identified as baby powder,” according to the Daily Mail UK.

The Daily Mail explains, “Gravelle was previously sentenced in 2013 to 70 months in prison, according to US Attorney John Durham’s statement on Friday. He was released in November 2015 under federal supervision until his arrest on the new charges last year.”

Loading...
Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply




Title

To Top